In researching and evaluating dozens of concepts for the book cover (still a work in progress), it forced us to really think about the broad content of this story and the real meaning of “Equity of Evil”. As a first time (soon to be) published author, without any formal training in literature or writing, I’ve just now thought about the possible impact of my own written words. Until this time, I wrote for myself – creating a world in which to escape if only for a few minutes or a few hours a day. It’s very therapeutic. By stepping back and assessing the final product, I’ve now realized how powerful words can be and the possible meaning to the individual reader.
As stated in the end of the revised Book Trailer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KAYkQEQBnLk), the reader is dragged through a dark and brutal new world where human life becomes the Equity of Evil. So how can human life really be the equity of evil? Without deliberate intent or initial planning, I even surprised myself when looking back into the scenes of the story as to how unfortunately true this is represented:
- The rapist savagely owns his victim’s body and maintains the ownership of her thoughts and fears long afterwards.
- The abortionist seizes control of the woman’s unborn fetus who gives up her ownership of conception; whatever reason there might be. (The author recognizes that many believe this to be an evil act.)
- The evilness of human traffickers view human life as a commodity to be taken, bought and/or sold, like any other marketable equity.
- Greedy, narcissistic businessmen fund the development of human organs extracted from pirated fetuses for the sake of owning an illicit black market, at any cost.
- And perhaps most prevalent of all, powerful people tend to usurp the rights of others less fortunate or less strong, for the sake of their own personal pleasure or gain. Such control and manipulation over the will of others might be viewed as the most horrendous equity of evil.
I look forward to hearing back from the readers of EQUITY of EVIL regarding their views on this topic! We hope to introduce the book cover soon….